1. Set a time limit. In the Scribe Tribe we set 20 minutes for this task. If handled efficiently, that's usually enough time.
2. The editing begins with general comments on the entire manuscript. This includes structure, outline, beginning, plot, and conclusion.
3. Members use this time to speak about things they did not write when editing the manuscript.
4. Once each member has had the opportunity to make overall comments, the next step is a page-by-page discussion, including syntax, word choice, and clarity.
5. After the page-by-page discussion, the evaluator asks for any closing or overall comments that have arisen through the editing procedure.
When writers help each other,
all learn and improve the craft.