If you are serious about wanting to write for others, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1. Do I sincerely believe that others have exciting lives or noble ideas and I want to promote them?
2. Do I get along with others and really like people?
3. Am I a self-starter? Am I self-disciplined? Can I meet deadlines? Can I work even if no one is there to encourage me?
4. Can I work alone? Writing is a solitary occupation and not everyone is emotionally suited to work with no one else around.
5. Can I treat this as a business? It is a business, and it means keeping records and receipts.