Friday, March 14, 2014

Building Your Platform (Part 4 of 10)

"How visible are you?" my agent asked a want-to-be client in my presence.

My agent wanted the prospective client to convince her that he was extending his influence beyond his immediate circle of friends. "What about your website? How much traffic do you have each month?"

"How many people are on your newsletter list? How often do you blog?" She queried him about followers and responses. When he said he was on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media, she nodded approval.

She asked about reviews for his two e-books. He had six reviews for one publication and three for the other, all highly favorable.

"What about endorsements?"

He seemed stumped. "I don't know anyone famous." However, he did have connections with a handful of people whom he felt could help him reach high-profile individuals.

"They count," my agent said.

1. What kind of web presence do I have?

2. What connections do I have with celebrities or influential people who write in my genre?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?