Friday, January 23, 2015

Successful Marketers Share a Need for Speed (Part 2 of 2)

(These two posts are from Rob Eagar's Wildfire Marketing and used by permission: http://www.startawildfire.com/)

If you struggle to complete the promotional tasks above in the timeframe that I listed, you are going to naturally take an arduous approach to marketing.

That negative mindset will kill your confidence. When your confidence takes a hit, then you’re less likely to write with purpose, market with creativity, launch new products, or pursue new opportunities.

I’ve had people tell me, “Sending newsletters doesn’t work.” When I asked why, they said, “It took too long to do one, so I just stopped doing newsletters altogether.”

The problem wasn’t the newsletter, the problem was their lack of speed. The ability to be a successful marketer lies in the ability to be quick. It’s hard to grow a business when decisions are slowly made, tasks take too long to finish, and your confidence is in the gutter.

I wrote this article in less than 20 minutes (both parts). And, I’m confident that I can do it again and again. This positive mindset gives me the momentum to continue providing my free Monday Marketing Tips every week. If writing these tips took half a day and stressed me out, I’d naturally look for reasons to stop doing them.

Examine your time management skills and analyze how long it takes you to make decisions and complete tasks. If you want to be a more successful marketer, remember Tom Cruise’s famous line when he played fighter pilot Maverick in the movie Top Gun, “I feel the need . . . the need for speed!”

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?