Tuesday, March 28, 2017

What Do You Want to Write? (Part 3 of 5)

My fourth suggestion is experiment. Try writing in various fields. If you’re serious about fiction, try nonfiction. The idea of attempting a wide variety of writing helped me narrow my focus. I wrote a few children’s stories, and other authors helped me to realize that they were, at best, satisfactory.

Too many writers seem to feel they’ll impress agents and editors if they say, “I want to write historical fiction, health and fitness, and Bible studies.” That doesn’t endear you. It says you’re still a novice and need to decide.

My writing friends can help me figure out 
what I really want to write.

* * * * *

Are you interested in learning more about ghostwriting and collaborating? Check out Cec's new book, Ghostwriting: The Murphey Method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?